Manager, Guest Services at WinSport
Discover, Develop, and Excel with WinSport:
Working with WinSport means you will be part of creating one of the most unique winter sport institutes in the world. You will be rubbing shoulders with athletes of all levels and disciplines, and you will be working in a world-class facility that showcases exceptional services to support our guests in training and maintaining an active lifestyle. You will thrive and be supported as you discover, develop and excel in your role at WinSport.
What the role is all about:
This role is a 1-year Maternity Leave coverage position, with an approximate start date of June 1, 2018.
The Manager, Guest Services contributes to the profitability of the organization by establishing a highly successful and efficient service environment. As the first point of contact for the WinSport customers, this position must inspire the guest service team to always put customers' needs first and consistently display a professional and friendly attitude.
This position is a role model and leader that must put into practice the WinSport values when solving concerns, making decisions, and managing the department, in order to achieve maximum results. The role requires this leader to work during the organizations busiest periods, which include weekends and evenings.
- This role is responsible for the operation and management of our Guest Services desk and ticket sales area, as well as our Call Centre (which includes phone, email, and instant website-messaging communications and ticket sales with guests).
- Develop an exceptional guest service team to ensure the highest quality customer service in all areas.
- Work collaboratively with all internal stakeholders to develop and champion a customer service focus throughout the organization.
- Operate, update and maintain the ResortSuite and Axess (RFID card) software.
- Provide innovative solutions to customer concerns or suggestions
- Develop a product training program that will ensure team members acquire and maintain appropriate interpersonal skills and extensive product knowledge, therefore providing the best solution to customer needs.
- Coach and lead front-line employees, monitor and manage performance, develop performance plans, set and review goals on an individual basis.
- Track and record sales made, referred or in progress for all front-line staff and coach guest service team on areas for improvement.
- Responsible for administrative and operational responsibilities and ensure that required audits and verifications are carried out according to policy.
- Preparation and analysis of reports from our systems to provide to the management teams for use in making sound business decisions.
- Assist with the creation of business plan and budget. Review and ensure appropriate efforts are made to maintain operating expenditures within budget.
- Working collaboratively with Communications and Marketing Departments to develop a communication plan for internal and external customers with ongoing information regarding park products and special events
- Maintain contact with user groups regarding pass sales, program registration, ticketing and customer service
- Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times by adhering to all WinSport safety policy and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers, direct reports and WinSport guests
- Be mindful of all safety hazards/concerns within the work environment and ensure all safety issues are reported to the appropriate individuals
- Review all OH & S notices/meeting minutes as they are distrusted or posted on OH & S boards located within all departments
- Post secondary education in business management, customer relations or other related field of study
- Minimum 5 years experience in hospitality or customer service industry
- Minimum 3 years experience in management or leadership positions
- A combination of relevant experience and/or education may be considered
- Experience working with ResortSuite and Axess (RFID card) software is considered a strong asset
- Experience leading, coaching, supervising, and motivating others; can recognize when there is an issue and address it confidently
- Exemplary customer service skills and a service mentality; able to coach/train others to develop a superior customer service approach and effective selling techniques
- Outgoing, professional, and positive characteristic are a must for this person to be successful
- Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately along with developing solutions that are in the best interest of the organization and the customer.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends during our main operational periods (winter and summer)
- Required to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
- Typical of most office environments
- Some periods of prolonged standing or walking required
Until suitable candidate found.