Events Coordinator at Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- Assist Manager of Events with the development and creation of new events for CSEC teams and its related departments
Assist Manager of Events with overall coordination and execution of existing CSEC team and department events
Assist with coordination of all event logistics (event briefs, floorplans, building permits, event rentals, décor, etc)
- Coordinate with facility staff and team related departments (catering, sales, marketing) on overall event logistics
- Coordinate with event sponsors and team-related marketing staff to uphold any contractual obligations relating to the event
- Onsite event day execution (note: manual labour required for setting up and tear down)
- Assist with creative elements required for each specific event including event signage, tickets, external and internal marketing materials, print materials, website, social media etc.
- Support for the development of the event agenda, scripting, timing, etc.
- Coordinate part-time event staffing and volunteers
- Assist with budget forecasting and post-event tracking of invoices
- Assist the Flames Foundation with its annual marquee fundraising events as required
- All other duties as required.
- 1-3 years’ experience organizing and on-site execution of special events
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Until suitable candidate is found.