Academy Club Coaches (Alpine) at WinSport
Discover, Develop and Excel with WinSport:
Working with WinSport means you will be part of creating one of the most unique winter sport institutes in the world. You will be rubbing shoulders will athletes of all levels and disciplines, and you will be working in a world-class facility that showcases world-class services to support our customers in training and maintaining an active lifestyle. You will thrive and be supported to provide excellence in winter sports facilities and training for all guests.
What the role is all about:
WinSport along with our coaches prides itself on providing a high quality training product to both our high performance athletes and developing athletes. We are dedicated to providing athletes the ability to be the best in the world and have the chance to discover and develop in sport.
As Academy Club Coach you will report to the Manager, Sport Development. You will show pride in WinSport’s offerings and hold the following values in high regarding in your day-to day work; excellence, integrity, respect, sportsmanship, teamwork, safety and customer focus. You are passionate about high-quality coaching and thrive in an environment that challenges athletes to create a positive experience for them.
This position commences in November 2018 and ends April 2019.
- Showcase your leadership skills; Lead and coach a group of athletes in a safe, athlete centered learning environment
- Demonstrate dedication to the success of athletes by evaluating your athletes and administering a season training plan appropriate to their stage of development
- Provide professional, world class, technical knowledge in alpine skiing
- Provide duty of care at the most professional standard outlined by WinSport
- Understand the LTAD and Sport for Life sport development models and how it applies to the group you are coaching
- Communicate with Academy staff to align programming and development of athletes with Academy system.
- Ensure safety orientation is completed with all new or returning employees covering all the required safety hazards and specific safety training for specific areas
- Knowledge of the industry: Alpine Racing.
- Experience in any sporting discipline
- A professional attitude is a must
- This position requires strong communication and liaising skills with both staff and clients
- Leadership is an essential quality
- Flexibility to work an adaptive schedule
- Integrity and honesty
- Passion for the industry
- Strong time management skills
- Safety focused
- Some administration mandatory – lesson planning and email/phone communication required
- The job is frequently expected to lift, carry, push or pull objects weighing more than 20 lbs (without the assistance of mobile, powered equipment)
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is frequently required (i.e., between 25% and 75% of time on the job)
- Physical work pace and/or exertion requires somewhat rapid movement and/or effort to 'keep up', and brings on a moderate amount of physical fatigue
What's in it for you?
WinSport offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits and pension plan. As well as an unforgettable experience and working alongside an amazing team, WinSport offers its employees some really great perks; free hill passes, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage and retail discounts, and gym membership, just to name a few things that will make you love it here.