Aquatic Supervisor at the Calgary Winter Club
At the Calgary Winter Club, we are proud of our Club, our people, and what we do.
• We take ownership in what we say and do
• We are accessible to others
• We take the most ethical approach
• We are genuine and sincere in our interactions and actions
• We respect one another's values, talents, and contributions
The Calgary Winter Club is a private member owned social and athletic club, one of the best in North America.
The Calgary Winter Club is looking for a customer service driven, detail oriented, and outgoing individual to assist the Aquatic Manager in the overall operation of the Calgary Winter Club aquatic facility. The Aquatic Supervisor will also ensure compliance with the goals and objectives of the Aquatic Committee and provide aquatic activities in a safe and enjoyable environment. Other accountabilities include:
• Offset hours of the Aquatic Manager to provide management during facility prime-times.
• Supervise staff responsible for monitoring the condition of the aquatic facility
• Employee scheduling and payroll
• Supervise all aquatic events (e.g. Sea Lions, Sea Sprites, Tsunami, Seal Pups, Kick Start, Beach
• Maintain statistical records regarding Aquatic usage
• Order First Aid, maintenance, water test supplies, and equipment for the department
• Cover 10-15 hours of lifeguarding shifts weekly
Skills & Qualifications
1. Cooperative leadership style
2. Solutions oriented and proactive in nature
3. Above average communication and negotiating skills
4. Program development and planning
5. Minimum two years supervisory experience
6. Competent in administrative and leadership tasks that reflect on a high level of aquatic expertise; the
competencies and expertise will relate to participating in a team environment management structure
7. NLS (current), Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, Lifesaving Society Instructor, Standard First Aid
(current), Pool Operations Certification, WHMIS certification
8. Red Cross Instructor Trainer, Lifesaving Society Instructor Trainer, and Fitness Leader Certification an
9. Certification or diploma in a recreation related field of study
The start date for this position is flexible; (as early as July 1, 2018 and as late as September 1, 2018) and will depend on the successful applicant’s availability to start and the CWC’s training opportunities and schedule.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Aquatic Supervisor” in the subject line by May 31st, 2018.