Events and Community Engagement Coordinator with Red Deer College
Red Deer College (RDC) has been offering diverse programs and opportunities for learners since it was founded in 1964. In 2018, RDC was given approval by the Government of Alberta to become a recognized university. Looking to this exciting future, RDC is seeking highly qualified, committed faculty and staff to be part of the team of employees who will make this university vision a reality. RDC’s transition to a university will impact learners for generations to come, and it will provide amazing career opportunities for employees.
Through the multi-year transition process, the College will become a comprehensive regional teaching university. RDC will grant its own degrees that make sense for industry and regional needs, in addition to offering its current mix of trades, certificates, diplomas, graduate certificates, applied degrees and collaborative degrees. Across this diverse program mix, RDC will continue to provide students with applied learning and research opportunities.
Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Events and Community Engagement Coordinator oversees the areas of game day operations, on & off-campus community engagement, sports information, social media and webcasting for the Department of Athletics.
The Coordinator is responsible for achieving revenue targets related to spectator attendance. The Coordinator contributes to the financial viability of their area by working closely with representatives from the Marketing & Communication Department, Community Relations, as well as other department staff to create and execute robust annual plans to increase the profile of the department in the community and attendance at home games/events. The position is also responsible for the planning and delivery of various RDC Athletic special events such as but not limited to the Senior Appreciation Evenings and Athletics Awards Night.
- Four (4) year undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or Sport or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience in project management
- 2-5 years of recent supervisory experience including recruitment and selection
- 2-5 years’ experience in event planning and management – preference will be given for experience working with elite sport
- Demonstrated experience in successfully developing and executing promotions, community engagement, social media, and communication strategies
- Experience in corporate partnership servicing
- Experience using critical thinking skills under stress
- Strong communication skills and excellent customer services skills are required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Interpersonal/relationship building skills – demonstrated ability to interact with many different people and to provide employees, athletes, coaches and patrons a positive experience during the Athletic Events
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced workplace with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, prioritize tasks and work independently and collaboratively with other stakeholders
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, social media and websites an aptitude for learning
- Knowledge of statistical programs would be considered an asset (Presto Stats, Statcrew)
- Experience in a post-secondary athletic environment is an asset
Benefits and Compensation Information
Red Deer College offers a comprehensive benefits package including extended health and dental care through Blue Cross, access to a health spending account, pension plan, generous vacation allotments, credit tuition waivers and opportunities for professional development funding. Additional time off due to College closures between Christmas and New Year statutory holidays.
*Eligibility to access the above-mentioned benefits dependent upon the AUPE Collective Agreement and related RDC policies.