The Girls Academy Manager at Calgary Foothills Soccer Club
Calgary Foothills Soccer Club is an innovative youth soccer club that continues to be on the cutting edge of soccer development in Canada. The continued growth and success of our program have allowed us to open our very own full size 11v11 indoor training complex which includes a fully operational Sports Science center, media room, cafe and club administration. We are now seeking to add a qualified, driven and energetic person to our high-level Academy staff team, to lead as the Girls Academy Manager.
Working under the guidance of the clubs Technical Director and Academy director(s) The Girls Academy Manager will be responsible for managing the current success and future direction of the female academy department, its players, staff and coaches. This is an integral program under the mandate of the “Foothills Way” club curriculum which requires an individual exuding passion, purpose and personality with a strong desire to facilitate player development within our long-term vision as a club under the guiding principles of the LTPD model.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will lead the technical coaching and management of our Girls Academy Program along with the Girls Academy Director, whilst looking at ways to improve the delivery and operation of the program:
- Deliver Technical Sessions (through the Foothills Way)
- Manage Schedules
- Mentor and Support Coaches
- Work with the Sports Science Department
- Complete Quarterly PDPs (Player Development Plan)
- Post Secondary Education Pathway/Opportunity
- Game Day Duties - Game Reports
- Management/Administration - Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Business Function - Budgeting/Finance/Accounting
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications/attributes:
CSA and/or UEFA A Licence (preferred and/or working towards)
University Degree (Advantageous)
- Previous experience in running Academy sessions or and Academy Program
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background with a recognized professional organization
- 40-50 hours per week (depending on the time of the season).
- 15 days of holiday per year, plus additional public holidays that may be taken in lieu if worked on.
- $60,000 CDN per year
- $2000 seasonal (1 Winter + 1 Summer) bonuses subject to performance reviews.
- Basic Healthcare Coverage
Start Date: September 1st 2018
The position involves day, evening, weekend & holiday work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year