Competition and Event Assistant (Part-Time) with Repsol Sport Centre
Supporting the sport side of Repsol Sport Centre’s Dual Mandate and falling within the Sport Department, the Competition and Event Assistant will work collaboratively with the Competition and Event Coordinator to support the planning and execution of the 50-55 competitions and events hosted annually by Repsol Sport Centre. Coverage of events will be shared with the Coordinator throughout the season.
Up to 15 hours/per week, typically Friday to Sunday to support the facility during the event season (September to June, and when required during summer events (July/August). Additional support outside of Friday-Sunday may be requested for event support.
REPORTS TO: COMPETITION & EVENT COORDINATOR AND SPORT SERVICES MANAGER
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, Holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- In collaboration with the Competition and Event Coordinator, establish solid working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a cohesive working environment in regards to events and competitions.
- Represent Repsol Sport Centre as the primary event contact as required; this includes the ability to work weekends and some weekdays and holidays as per the event schedule.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the event package prior to the start of the event.
- Provide support when needed leading up to an event day as requested by the Competition and Event Coordinator; this may include but is not limited to assisting with event preparation communication with event organizers, gathering logistical details, providing organizers with barcodes, updated event contract quotes, on-floor event setup, and receiving of deliveries.
- Ability to field and problem solve various last minute event requests on behalf of the Sport Services Department.
- Attend and actively participate in all required meetings with the Competition and Event Coordinator.
- Troubleshoot operational challenges and provide exceptional service within the department & outside of the department.
- Act as a key information source by providing the Competition and Event Coordinator with customer feedback, system enhancements, conflict resolution, training and development needs, and on-going quality improvement.
- Support implementation of event process and policies.
- Report accident and incident reports to the Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Keep reports on successes and opportunities to improve future events.
- Oversee equipment inventory during an event.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Assist both internal and external customers by proving prompt, sincere, and professional responses to questions and concerns that arise; striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Understand and apply all Safety and Emergency procedures to ensure a collective, streamlined and successful evacuation plan.
- Be an effective public relations person for Repsol Sport Centre and communicate effectively and courteously with staff, public and user groups.
Must possess a proven ability to establish and maintain an environment of trust and empowerment, build working relationships, delegate, coordinate and monitor work, lead by example, plan and organize and work through conflict.
Must be a high-energy, ambitious and driven individual who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to work some rotational shifts as necessary to support the business needs and team (Evenings & Weekends)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) that allow you to adapt to a variety of stakeholders and ability to manage relationships at all levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, and Outlook), a working knowledge of word processing and data base software and have the ability to navigate the web.
- High attention to detail and the ability to proactively look for potential operational challenges with the schedules, training times and other daily operational tasks and take initiative in a solution based approach to solve and mitigate the challenges.
- Previous experience using the Intelligenz Solutions system is an asset.
- Able to take personal responsibility and accountability for delivering on commitments, ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities and an appreciation for customer service excellence are critical for success.
- Proven track record of taking initiative and working independently and in a team environment.
- Ideal candidate has a sense of urgency to their responsibilities and professionalism, is ambitious, driven and sets a high standard for themselves. An organized individual who thrives in a dynamic, high achieving environment and is willing to work evenings & weekends due to the demands of the business in our facility.
- Working on or have completed post-secondary education – preference may be given to those pursuing post-secondary education in Sport Administration, Event Management or related programs.
- CPR C/AED (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years) – required before employment can commence.
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative position within a sport/event environment.
- Proven track record for working independently and in a team environment will ensure success in this position.