Basketball Coach with Calgary Rocky Mountain Rollers Wheelchair Basketball Society
The Coach is responsible for preparing the athletes and the team for their season including practice planning and execution, providing on court coaching at games, tournaments, providing video sessions and holding team meetings. Season runs September to May.
Wheelchair Basketball is a fully integrated sport with players of all abilities (physically able and those with disabilities) playing together on the same team – in wheelchairs. The game is fast, exciting and competitive with local, provincial and national calibre athletes! If you have experience coaching basketball, most skills easily transfer to wheelchair basketball.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and operate practices throughout the year to prepare the team for competitions. Two to three competitive practices per week.
- Prepare the players and the team for each game and each tournament.
- Engage individual athletes to develop their skills.
- Set team goals and individual goals and roles with each player.
- Assign players to the team for each tournament or for the season.
- Prepare and update skills through use of coaching sessions, videos, books and other related materials.
- Assist with the planning and execution of exhibition games, promotions and demonstrations of the team and the sport of wheelchair basketball.
- Work with Provincial, National and other local sport organizations to develop the team and the sport or wheelchair basketball.
- Provide videotape or other analysis of games and practices to the team and individual players.
The Coach must have knowledge of the competitive game of basketball.
Knowledge and experience of the game and rules of wheelchair basketball is desired but not necessary.
NCCP basketball or wheelchair basketball Competition Introductory level or higher is desired. Coaching clinics may be provided.
Pay is on an hourly basis but a contract agreement could be negotiated
Closing date October 15, 2018 or until suitable candidates are found
Please submit your application to: email@example.com