Service Awards and Event Coordinator– On-Call at City of Calgary
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. The City offers unique, diverse jobs and a variety of work locations. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The Calgary Police Service requires a highly motivated individual to coordinate and organize significant
celebrations of achievements for Calgary Police Service members, such as promotions, years of service and Chief’s Awards. Specific duties may include:
• Development and execution of project plans in order to host events.
• Coordinating with stakeholders to ensure a successful event.
• Working with the venue’s event planners, catering staff, entertainment companies, audio visual personnel, emcees and suppliers.
• Ordering awards and gifts, ensuring that the orders are filled accurately and on a timely basis.
• Record keeping, and meeting follow up related to awards and events.
• Tracking and distribution of service medals.
• A Diploma/Certificate equivalent to up to one year of full-time study in general business studies or event planning.
• Minimum of five years of event planning and administrative experience.
• Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Working in a law enforcement or police service environment would be considered an asset.
• Achieve results that make the best use of time and resources. Good communicator who is able to build relationships that helps with team building and teamwork. Attention to detail and strong written
communication skills. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
• An enhanced security clearance will be conducted.
• Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
• Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Position Type: 1 On-Call
Compensation: Pay Grade 8 $33.29 – 44.52 per hour
Hours of work: On-call hours will vary based on operational needs – no guaranteed number of hours
Business Unit: Calgary Police Service
Location: 5111 – 47 Street N.E. Westwinds Campus
Days of Work: Monday to Friday
Apply By: June 14, 2019
Job ID #: 302249