Recreation Leader at Calgary Winter Club
The Calgary Winter Club is a premiere private sport and social club providing its member families with exceptional facilities, programs and services to foster the development of lifelong physical and social well-being. It is our vision to be a leader among private clubs, continually exceeding expectations and enriching the lives of our member families through improved health, physical activity and social connections.
The CWC is seeking a part time Recreation Leader to monitor and instruct programs and activities within the youth, teen, and recreation areas of the Calgary Winter Club. Primary shifts are evenings and weekends.
1. Monitoring of the Youth and Teen drop-in areas including organizing games and activities, colouring, exergaming (Nintendo Wii U and Xbox Kinect)
2. Supervise the “Clip N’ Climb” climbing wall for participants of all ages for drop-in and event/party use
3. Set-up, take down, and monitor activities in the Gymnasium including Volleyball, Badminton, Basketball and the “Fun Zone”
4. Supervise or assist in after school sports programs, homework help sessions, movie nights, holiday events, adult sports leagues, and gymnasium drop-in activities
5. Provide quality care and supervision of children and teens ages 5 to 17 years
Knowledge & Skills Required
1. Excellent customer service skills
2. Ability to handle competing demands and prioritize activities
3. Experience coaching or teaching sports, activities, and/or games
4. Currently studying or planning to study Kinesiology, Education, or related field
5. Standard First Aid/ CPR an asset
6. Experience and interest in working with children, youth, and/or teens There is a physical nature of this position that requires the person performing in this role to participate in the activities in which the person monitors and ability to lift up to 30lbs up to his/her shoulders.
To apply for this position, please send your resume by email with “Recreation Leader” in the subject line to email@example.com.