Glenmore Sailing Club
- Summer Youth Sailing Camps provide instruction for children starting at six years old.
- Wednesday Night Racing provides a mid-week competitive break.
- Fall Sunday Afternoon Series, in similar format to WNR keeps the season going to the end of October!
- Family Fridays give youth additional training and offer friends, colleagues and families social time at the Club and lake.
- Weekend regattas at Glenmore and other lakes provide skills development and competition at all levels.
- Social events through the whole year engage family members and sailors.
- A recreational sail around the lake after work or on a weekend is a great opportunity to enjoy sailing right in the heart of the city.
Sailing is safe and teaches valuable skills.
The Club's coach boat and the City of Calgary Boat Patrol ensures sailors are safe.
Annual membership for a family can cost less than five rounds of golf.
There are 300 members at the Glenmore Sailing Club.
- A nationally-certified coach teaches youth sailing programs and training clinics during the summer.
- Getting started in sailing does not require the purchase of a sailboat... the Glenmore Sailing Club has Club boats for members.
- If people prefer to purchase their own sailboat, many sailboats cost less than the annual membership at a golf course. There are many types of sailboats from social cruising to racing sailboats.
- Youth can learn to sail and then compete in the Optimist.
- The San Juan 21 is both a family cruising boat and a competitive racer. This boat is easily-trailerable and many of these boats are towed to other lakes.
- The Laser can be sailed at the lake at your cottage or raced in the Olympics.
- A Fireball is a race boat for two people.
- The Martin 16 was designed by an internationally recognized boat designer for people with disabilities (can't tip) while retaining the lively characteristics of comparably sized sailboats.
- Glenmore also boasts a budding IOM and X-Class RC Fleet for radio-controlled enthusiasts!
The Glenmore Sailing Club was founded in 1959.
Sailors from GSC sail competitively at the provincial, national and international level.